As the 35th anniversary of the Bhopal Gas Disaster approaches, survivors and supporters across the world have launched another campaign demanding justice and corporate accountability. We ask you to join our actions and support the demands.
Download the Fact-sheet
Take Action Now
- If you are a resident of the United States of America, ask the DOJ to Serve the Court Summon to Dow! Indian courts have summoned Dow Chemical to face criminal charges for Union Carbide’s role in the Bhopal Gas Disaster, with an upcoming court date in Jan, 2020. Since 2014, the Department of Justice (DOJ) (USA) has not served the summons to Dow Chemical Company, USA, violating international treaties. Click here to send a letter to your elected representative, asking them to contact the DOJ on behalf of Bhopal survivors!
- Participate in our 6th Global Solidarity Fast 2019
- If you are on Twitter, help us spread the word by following and sharing our daily tweets. To mark 35 long years we are posting one appalling event, and one inspirational action, over 35 days leading up to the anniversary. #Bhopal35
Today we begin telling the appalling, inspiring story of the 1984 Union Carbide disaster in #Bhopal, #India. To mark 35 long years we will post one appalling event, and one inspirational action, over 35 days. Please follow us, RT, and share widely. #bhopal35 #dowchemical $DOW pic.twitter.com/UdsbBLHjZw
— Justice for Bhopal (@ICJBhopal) October 30, 2019
Organize a Local Event
We urge you to organize your own event in your locality, campus or neighborhood to shame Dow Chemical, Governments of India and USA, or raise awareness about the disaster. Here are some resources:
- List of action ideas
- Campaign resources for an event
- Please circulate the J’accuse Leaflet at your event
You can also go through our resources section through the main menu of the website.
Join Solidarity Action/Event in Your City
Here’s a list of events happening around the world on Dec 2nd and 3rd.
Updates on the 35th Anniversary Campaign