May 15, 2006
The Dow Accountability Network (DAN), a network of environmental, human rights and community groups with a common interest in the Dow Chemical Corporation, is seeking a Coordinator to serve DAN members individually and collectively. The Coordinator assists members of the Network in improving the effectiveness of their work, seeks opportunities for synergy between campaigns related to Dow, and serves as a lead strategist and communicator in the ongoing effort to publicize, monitor and hold Dow accountable for chemical trespasses.
The Coordinator will be an excellent information manager and communicator, both within the network and with the rest of the world, on issues relating to toxic chemicals and corporate accountability.
The Coordinator will also have significant administrative duties, including managing all aspects of finances, managing contractors and payments, and grant reporting. The position preferably will be based in Ann Arbor, Michigan but location is negotiable.
* Overseeing project management
* Media communications
* Developing and maintaining relationships with groups
* Representing the Network
* Coordination with other relevant networks
* Developing activities and events
* Web Site coordination
* Managing contractors
* Managing Finances
* Grant writing and reporting
Required qualifications include:
* Self-directed, able to work independently and manage time efficiently as well as effective at working closely with others and in teams
* At least five years of experience in a similar role, and a proven track record of successful campaign coordination among diverse community based organizations and non-profit groups.
* Very strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience conducting effective media outreach (press releases, media calls, interviews)
* Experience with strategic campaign development and implementation
* Experience working with and developing diverse advocacy networks
* Strong project development and management skills
* Extensive experience in logistics, and event planning
* Ability to manage and maintain extensive contacts and related databases
* Agreement with the objectives of the Dow Accountability Network
The Coordinator may be engaged as an independent contractor or as a salaried employee of one of its member organizations. Salary depends on experience.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with attached letter of interest, a resume with salary history (required), and a short relevant writing sample to email@example.com. If invited for an interview, candidates must also supply names and addresses of three references. First interviews are likely to begin second week of June. Preferred start date is July 1st or soon thereafter. The position will remain open until we find the best possible candidate. No phone calls please
Dow Accountability Network is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, or sexual orientation.
The Dow Accountability Network is a fiscally sponsored project of Pesticide Action Network North America (http://www.panna.org/). The Dow Accountability Network is a network of groups organized to help support and advance the demands of campaigns targeted at Dow. For more information please see http://www.thetruthaboutdow.org/