200 fall ill after inhaling toxic gas

NDTV, October 14, 2006
Around 200 people including women and children fell ill after inhaling some unknown toxic gas in three villages of Umraoganj area on Saturday, official sources said.
“People in Kirat Nagar, Mendua and Nayapara Tola villages complained of vomiting and burning sensation in their eyes while some of them fell unconscious after inhaling gas that emanated from unidentified source,” said District Collector Arun Bhat.
Nearly 150 people were sent for treatment to a Bhopal hospital where their condition was declared to be stable, he said.
A team of state pollution control board inspected factories, the nearby Mandeep industrial area and some camps of paramilitary force to ascertain the origin and nature of gas.
“The situation is under control and there is no need for panic. People undergoing treatment in Bhopal are also expected to return to their respective villages very soon,” hospital sources in Bhopal said. (PTI)

Facebooktwitteryoutubemail

Share this:

Facebooktwitterredditmail

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.